Today marks the official halfway point of my trip, just two months to go. I don't know whether I'm sad that it will eventually be over, or excited to head home to SF and see friends, family and eat burritos (and be cold! Oh, sweet cold).
Of course while I've been jostling around dusty roads in tuk tuks and not sleeping on night trains rumbling through Vietnam and watching endless palm tree plantations drift by bus windows, I've been dreaming of new adventures out there in the world. Here is the start of a list (I'll be adding to this list!) in no particular order.
1. Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway (yes the whole thing)
4. Peru: hike the Inca Trail
5. Peru: visit Manchu Picchu
8. Ecuador (and visit the Galapagos)
9. Balloon ride over Cappadocia, Turkey
10. Cruise Norway's fjords
11. New Zealand: hike, camp and kayak
18. Silk Road Overland trip: From Uzbekistan to Turkey (finish the trip I started!)
19. Mongolia (and sleep in a yurt again)
20. Visit the Grand Canyon
22. Costa Rica
25. Argentina (I've been to Buenos Aires, so go back and see the rest of the country!)
26. Ski in the Andes
27. Chile: Tierra del Fuego & Valparaiso
29. Safari in Africa
30. Nepal: go trekking
35. Syria (one day, I hope!)
37. India (I've been to Mumbai, Goa and Rajasthan; I would love to go back and see more, including Varanasi and Kerala)
39. Georgia (the country)
49. Greece (I went briefly when I backpacked around Eastern Europe in 2001, would love to travel more extensively here)
Any countries/place/experiences I should add to the list? Let me know in the comments!